Monday, May 11, 2009

It's 4 am

And I've been up for about 17 hours straight. We left Italy early yesterday to fly to Santorini - first time I arrived by plane because my grandmother was not good at all. She was getting worse by the minute. We said goodbye and just sat outside her house, my whole Greek family just waiting. And she passed at about 1 AM. Well, it's three hours later and I'm just ready to crash. But I wanted to share with you all a little about my grandmother.

Her name is Zeta, short for something - I'll find out and get back to you. We all just called her Zeta. She was mother of 5, with 12 grandchildren and 3 great grandchildren. She met all of them before she died. Umm, she married my grandfather at age 18 and they opened a restaurant my uncle now owns. She was an awesome woman. She was 83 years old.

Anyway, more posts and lost of online time coming soon. I feel like I haven't talked to some of you in forever. Good night to you, goodmorning to me. I'm sleeping forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment