Friday, September 5, 2008

STAND UP TO CANCER

Lets just say that there are tears still damp on my face while typing this. I decided not to mope in the past and cry over the fact that I will not get her back, but I can spread awarness and make other people my age realize how important and valuable their life is. I don't know if they realize it or not, but kids their age who are lying in hospital beds and dreaming of the day they can go home is something completly surreal to the normal teenager. Every teen has thier sturggle, but what they don't know is that there is a child out there that would trade anything to be in the place that you reading this are now. Sure, you're life may not be exactly ideal to you yourself, you may see your body in a bad way but they see it as something desirable because you are healty.

Tonight I watched Stand Up to Cancer and everything I've seen, the stories I've heard, and everything about these past six months has come flooding back to me. Today marks the two month anniversary of my friends memorial service...the day I realized she was gone. And now instead crying about what I cannot get back I am going to move forward and try/learn how to help people in similar situations as I was. Tonight marked a change in me - a change for the good.

So, in the process of helping me grow and helping others get better and find a CURE - because a cure is possible. It's tangible and it's in the near future. With just some time and money and research there will be a way to save someone's mother, father, sister, brother, grandparent, uncle, aunt, cousin, best friend.

Did you know that an American dies every minute from cancer?

I did not know that. I learned that tonight. Share that piece of information with someone when you tell them to donate a few dollars - because EVERY DOLLAR COUNTS! Tell your parents that if they donate $10, you'll donate $5.

Everyone has been affected in some way...use this chance now to make that something that no one will have to say, "My _________ has been affected by cancer"

We will be able to take the fighters and have them able to say I AM A SURVIVOR. because being a survivor is a spectacular thing.

Donate Now @ http://standuptocancer.org

1 comment:

  1. I am one of those teens that can fathom it. Because that was my life for two and half years. Not knowing whether I would wake up in the morning, half the time wishing that I wouldn't because I felt so crappy.
    But I did.
    I was one of the lucky ones. Unlucky to have to go through it, even unluckier to have to go through it twice because the chemo I got the first time gave me a different cancer, but lucky, because I'm here. Reading this. And telling you this.
    I'm sorry about your friend. It's never easy. It will get better though. It's happened to me many times, and soon, maybe not soon enough, but soon, you start remembering the happy things, and losing the pain.

    ReplyDelete